Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 6: Fate Does Exist!

So, I was all set to go to school and be bored out my mind. but I had other things coming to me. Or make that other people. Well, you remember how Derrick said we went to the same school? I didn't remember that at but I'll never forget that now. When I got to school, he was waiting for me at my locker. I just stood there gazing at him. I could have sworn that I was dreaming until he spoke to me.
  • Derrick: Finally! I've been waiting here for so long.
  • Me: (frozen in place. seriously shocked. my hands fly up to my face b/c i was up all night crying about how I'd never see him again. I even blogged about it on my last post.)
  • Derrick: What? Do I have something on my face?
  • Me: No. I just thought I'd never see you again.
  • Derrick: Nah, can't get rid of me that easily. You might not like me now but, I'm gonna wear you down one of these days. Trust me
  • Me: When did I say I didn't like you?
  • Derrick: You've run away from me three times. I think it goes without saying.
  • Me: No. I like you a lot. It's me I don't like.
  • Derrick: (looked at me. up and down) You're not such a good judge of character are you? You're beautiful, smart, I've seen your name on honor roll, you're talented, funny, not too brave though. Running away from a nice guy like me. I'm harmless.
  • Me: So, what did you wanna talk about? I mean, coming all the way to my locker. It must me something important.
  • Derrick: I just had to see you. Hear your voice. Tell you how much I like you. Give you this.
  • Me: huh?
Just then, Derrick leaned forward and down and kissed me. Right in front of everyone is the hallway! I don't know how, but I just knew what to do with my lips and my tongue. He seemed to enjoy it as much as I did. Maybe even more. He spoke asoftly fter we pulled apart.
  • Derrick: (a little out of breath) Am I supposed to believe you've never done this before?
  • Me: (out of breath too) Well, it's the truth so that would be nice. Have you?
  • Derrick: Yeah, but it's never felt that....... intense before. I've never felt like a kiss could be so meaningful before. Is it because you're a good kisser or because I think I love you? And you, maybe, love me too?
  • Me: Well, we have time to see, right?
  • Derrick: I've got all the time in the world for you, babe.
  • Me: Babe?
  • Derrick: What? You think you can just kiss a guy who really, really likes you and then just not be his girlfriend?
  • Me: No, it's just I didn't ecpect you to want me to be your....your....
  • Derrick: Girlfriend.
  • Me: Yeah, that's the word. Hold on a minute. I'll be right back
I walked over to another ow of lockrs and banged my head on one of them. I just had to wake myself up! If It wasn't right for me to dream like this. I'd go crazy.
  • Derrick: Hey! That head happens to be very important to me. Please don't break it.
  • Me: It's already broken. That's why youre here.
  • Derrick: what?
  • Me: You see. I have to wake myself up before I get even more hapy than I am already. I'll wanna kill myself when I wake up and realize I'll never see you again.
  • Derrick: Awwww. Babe, I'm real. This is no dream.
  • Me: That's just what a dream would say.
After a while, Derrick convinced me I wsn't dreaming. Then the bell rang and I had to go to class. I didn't see him again. Not eversine and it's been almost two weeks. The suspense is killing me.

1 comment: